Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Social Netiquette

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I love that I can keep up with my friends through amusing status updates. This is especially true for people who are no longer in this area or who I've met through my travels. Or even people who work in our Other Building.

But some people just don't seem to know when enough is enough. I've had to hide several people who seem to do nothing except take endless quizzes and post status updates every 10 minutes. I don't know how you can be that active online and hold down a job.

I remember last year, the Pope encouraged teens to give up Facebook for Lent. At the time, I was new to it, and not being a big fan of this particular Pope, thought it was a bit weird. But you know, I think taking a break every now and then might not be such a bad idea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. I've had to hide people who flood my news with quizzes, or worse, random and non-specific outbursts about a sports team. I hate sports.