Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Yes, there can be too much sharing

Warning: You should probably avoid reading this if you're eating.

We have an out of suite women's bathroom where I work, which means that anyone is free to use it. I don't really mind this. Public toilets completely squick me out anyway, so I just take it for what it's worth.

But the women who use our bathroom are much grosser than your average bear. There's always water on the counter by the sink, just waiting for you to lean over and wash your hands so that it can get all over your shirt or jeans. Half the time, the paper towel dispenser doesn't work. The door handle looks like it's been through Chernobyl. I really thought it was as gross as it could get.

Until this morning. I walked in to see several long, thick black hairs. All over the sink. Not just on one side, but all over the place. Now, I'm not the most observant person on the planet, but if even I could see them, why couldn't the person who left them there? Or was she just too lazy to pick them up. Maybe she was just trying to share.

2 comments:

Scissor Girl said...

Ewww. The other day, someone in the yurt was talking about doody on the women's bathroom stall walls. Projectile pooping, I think she called it. Nasty!

Michelle Medley said...

I want to say something witty in reply but this one is just so eeeeoooowwwww, as Scissor Girl correctly said.

Marking one's territory has taken on a whole new meaning.