Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Conversation with Mr. Oblivious

Last night I went on yet another pointless date. I guess I kinda knew going into it that we didn't have that much in common, but I wasn't quite expecting the world awareness difference. Some quotes from the evening:

The "Original" Movie Idea

Him: I work at Walgreen's and believe me, it's a comedy waiting to happen. Life in a convenience store is realy wacky.

Me: Hey, did you ever see "Clerks"? Kevin Smith had a great take on that.

Him: Yeah. That stuff really happens. I have this great story about a dog collar...

The New Religion

Him: (as he's about to tell a religiously offensive joke) I'm spiritual, but not religious. I believe in God, just not any organized religion.

Me: So you're a deist, then?

Him: No, I'm not religious. I have this unique idea that every religion sees the same God through different entities.

Metaphysics

Him: I don't believe in time travel. It's one big paradox.

Me: I agree, although scientists have this idea called string theory, where if you actually did travel back in time, it would create an alternate universe/timeline.

Him: Hey, that's really cool. How did you come up with that? Now I can believe in time travel.

Job Descriptions

Him: In your profile, you said you started out as a copywriter.

Me: Yep. I did that for about 10 years before I moved into strategy.

Him: That's interesting. I copyrighted a couple of songs years ago. So is that similar to what you do?

************************
I realize that I'm a very random person that knows a lot of weird things, but wow.

1 comment:

Michelle Medley said...

This is priceless and I do believe there's a movie here to be made!